Legal Affairs Department
About the Department
The Legal Affairs Department was established at Al-Farahidi University on 5/26/2013, and the Legal Affairs Department is considered a major and important core in the university’s functional structure in making and formulating decisions issued by the higher administrative leadership. As it is known that the administrative decision has to be based on the rules and regulations that delineate and define the powers. This is with regard to the administrative side, as for the technical side of the department’s work, it sheds light on the deficiencies and negatives that may deform the administrative function in cooperation with other formations that work on issuing a vision aimed at meeting them in the future, as well as defending the ranks of the university and its employees and representing them in front of all other institutions.
Which is headed by a specialized legal employee, and with the assistance of a number of legal employee who meet the requirements necessary to occupy the position of “experience and specialization”, and the Director of Legal Affairs studies what comes to the department in terms of problems and inquiries that need legal opinion and suggests what he deems appropriate within the applicable laws, regulations, regulations and instructions in force. Then it is presented to the executive authority and the authorized person for approval.
- To provide legal advice on all legal, administrative and financial issues at the University in accordance with the laws and legislation in force.
- Regulate all matters relating to employment contracts and guarantees for university employees (employee and academic staff).
- Follow up on all university properties in terms of allocation and transfer of ownership.
- Pursue all claims against the university by others and vice versa (the university's lawsuits against others).
- Consider and decide on all preliminary and discriminatory investigative committees concerning the rights of the University and its members.
The duties and tasks
- Participation in the preparation of the University's main goals and formulating them legally.
- Responding to all legal questions and inquiries, and providing advice and legal opinion on legal rights and obligations.
- Study all issues related to the University and follow up on the disputes to which the University is a party.
- Provide legal opinion in drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements pertaining to the university and ratifying them.
- Providing legal opinion in drafting and reviewing contracts and agreements pertaining to the university and ratifying them.
- Monitor legal laws and legislations that affect the university’s work, and make recommendations regarding them.
- Work to find solutions to situations and problems that are not covered by the law or where the instructions are vague and ambiguous.
- Reviewing the university’s internal system in cooperation with other departments.
- Receive all employee complaints and give an opinion on them.
- Verify the implementation of the law and the instructions issued.
- Providing legal procedures for violating the regulations and instructions.
The department consists of two main branches, as shown in the structure below: