Financial Control and Internal Audit Section
Outline about the Section:
The department was established with the establishment of Al Farahidi University on May 26, 2013, and the department is managed by a president with the rank of director and with a university degree in the specialty. The head of the department carries out his duties according to the instructions, laws and regulations, and the department is directly linked to the office of the Al Farahidi University Chancellor.
The section consists of two branches, as shown in the following structure:
The main objective of the control is to serve the administration in achieving its objectives, through the work of internal control, where all administrative and financial operations are reviewed for the purpose of helping the higher management to reach the maximum administrative efficiency. It also pursues to assist in the decision-making process. To achieve this, the following is confirmed:
- Verifying the implementation of the plans and administrative policies by the higher management, assessing the percentage of their implementation and expressing an opinion about them. It is also analysing the deviations from these plans, and submitting suggestions to avoid deviations in the future and filling the gaps that lead to the loss of public money. Here, however, those responsible for internal control write periodic reports on their evaluation for plans implemented.
- Ensure that the information presented to the administration is accurate and sufficient and that it is based on correct and sound documents. This requires examining all the processes that involve cash seizures and the operations that involve cash disbursements, and the internal control of these tasks ultimately prevents fraud, forgery, manipulation and discovery of errors. Hence, this leads to enhancing confidence in Books and records, as well as in data and information.
- Verify that the University assets are adequately protected against loss and theft.
- Judging on the possibility of relying on accounting and statistical data and taking them as a basis for successful administrative decisions.
- Evaluate the work of individuals and their ability to assume responsibility.
- Evaluating the efficient use of resources and assets in economic terms.
- Verify that expenses are only spent on important purposes and that revenues are collected.
Department manager Authority:
The director of the department in the university presidency practices the following authorities to run the department’s work in the required manner:
- Distribute tasks among the employees working in the department to conduct work.
- Supervising the work performance in the department and following up on the employees’ activities.
- Proposal to direct letters of thanks and appreciation to the distinguished and creative workers.
- Recommending bonuses for promotion and promotion from one degree to another for the department’s employees.
- Recommending bonuses for promotion and promotion from one degree to another for the department’s employees
- Evaluating the department’s employees and submitting it to the university.
- Recommending the assignment of the department’s duties to one of its employees in cases where the department director enjoys regular and sick leave and dispatching.
- Any other authorities conferred upon him by his direct supervisor.