The IT Division was created with the establishment of Al-Farahidi University in 2012 in order to help achieve the main goals of the university, which are excellence in e-learning and the provision of software systems to use them to serve the university’s employees and facilitate their work, in addition to keeping up with modern technological developments and employing them for the benefit of the university. Al-Farahidi University has paid great attention to this department because of its utmost importance in advancing the university scientifically and practically, and in assisting employees, reducing their efforts and increasing their productivity, as well as contributing to providing a more comfortable work environment and less effort for management to control it.
The IT division staff is divided into programmers responsible for designing, building and maintaining electronic systems, and preparing the appropriate visualization of these systems and how they operate. As well as network engineers responsible for network systems, servers and information security for the university in addition to technical support and providing appropriate solutions.
- Keeping up with the continuous technological modernity and harnessing it to serve the university students and employees.
- Reducing human efforts at the university by providing well-performing electronic systems at low cost.
- Solving the routine problems of university employees related to the Internet, communications, computers and electronic systems.
- Exposing the security flaws of the systems applied at the university and addressing them with the latest methods.
- Managing and developing the university's website and continuously updating events.
- Design and build an electronic system for the university library that includes all the books available at the university in addition to their classifications (under construction).
- Work on adopting (Google Classroom) as a platform for e-learning in operation.
- Designing and building the university's internet.
- Future planning. Designing and building a university application for Android and IOS devices for the general public, in addition to containing a section for university students and their notifications.
- Repairing several gaps in the university’s systems.