Al-Farahidi Center for Medical Research
About the Center:
Al-Farahidi Medical Research Center was established in 2021 at Al-Farahidi University. The center started its work under the management of Dr. Mustafa Jawad Al-Ghazi. This innovation was an urgent need to develop research in pathological analyzes and dentistry in all its axes at the level of the university’s research activity. The center contains scientific laboratories specialized in the field of pathological analyzes and dentistry, equipped with the latest laboratory equipment to conduct applied scientific research that contributes to solving and addressing the problems facing society in this specialty, in addition to owning an animal house and a scientific botanical garden. Developing and resettling them in Iraq, as well as working on setting biosafety and biosecurity controls, providing training and development opportunities for the center’s staff, and establishing scientific and research cooperation relations with similar research centers inside and outside Iraq. The center organizes annually and since its establishment many training courses as well as holding scientific seminars and workshops for the center’s employees, universities and other ministries to raise their scientific and technical level.
Since the establishment of the Al-Farahidi Medical Research Center, the scientific vision has been for the center to be an institution for research and development, and a technical expertise house to employ scientific knowledge in pathological analyzes in all its branches, medicine and the dental industry to serve sustainable development in Iraq and our regional surroundings.
Contribute to innovation and intellectual creativity in research and studies, dissemination of scientific knowledge and experience in society, and provide scientific support to educational and industrial institutions. In order to achieve the center’s scientific vision and mission, the center has been restructured to include a group of research units as follows:
- Pathological Analyzes Dept.
- Digital Dentistry Dept. (CAD CAM).
- Laser Research Dept.
- Cone-ray Computed Tomography Det. (CBC).
The center’s mission is to plan and implement academic and applied scientific research in the field of pathological analyzes and dentistry through many training courses in the specialties of pathological analyzes and dentistry, as well as holding seminars and scientific workshops for the center’s employees, universities and other ministries to raise their scientific and technical level.
The center’s staff is a consultative and scientific tributary to many ministries and state institutions through various advisory and scientific committees, in addition to the center’s interest in deepening social relations between its various staff to create a state of mutual respect, love of work and concern for public money.
- The center should be a scientific reference and an important tributary for state institutions working in this field.
- Expanding theoretical information and increasing the practical experience of laboratory workers through specialized training courses at different levels and conducting scientific research.
- Strengthening scientific cooperation between the center and its counterparts to raise the level of efficiency of workers, maintain scientific sobriety, and seek to establish a partnership with international centers and universities.
- Providing technical and scientific consultations and preparing technical and economic feasibility studies for the proposed projects to the various governmental and private sectors.
- Giving priority in the financial allocation in the purchase of equipment and materials of importance in raising the scientific level for the implementation of research programs and projects.
- Involve experts and researchers from ministries and relevant scientific institutions in the center’s research projects.
- Training and qualifying students and graduates from relevant disciplines through holding training courses.
Pathological Analyzes Dept.:
It is a department concerned with the field of disease diagnosis, community health and scientific research, and aims to establish new, modern laboratories with high technologies and according to international standards, in addition to developing and modernizing laboratories that are currently used.
This department will allow, through modern laboratories, the opportunity to provide approximately (168 types) of medical analyzes, relying on the latest technologies that will enable the doctor or medical analyst to consult with experts in all specialties and diagnose diseases in a timely and instantaneous manner when conducting analyzes without the need to send samples abroad Iraq to confirm the diagnosis.
The project will also contribute to providing job opportunities for young people in the field of modern science and technology in the health fields. As this section represents a quantum leap in the number and nature of medical analyzes needed by the patient and by researchers.
- CBCT Dept.:
It is a department that employs three-dimensional CBCT techniques that have brought about a great development in the field of dentistry, symbolized by “3D” and embodied through the “CBCT 3D” x-ray device, which was provided in our clinics in an effort to provide the best level of education for our dear students. This technology is used in:
2.1 Root Canal Treatment:
Through imaging using (CBCT) to treat the roots of the teeth.
2.2 Dental Implants:
Employing CBCT technology for surgical dental implants, and it is the best method for assessing the condition before dental implants operations.
CBCT imaging provides three-dimensional, undistorted images of teeth that can be used to accurately determine the position of all teeth, and to guide tooth root and abnormal structures through orthodontic placement.
CAD CAM Dept.:
The most important use of the CAD cam in the field of dentistry is the manufacture of prosthetic teeth for the patient from materials (such as porcelain and zircon) automatically inside the clinic during only one visit to the patient. This method guarantees high aesthetics and a vibrant color that is very similar to natural teeth, while maintaining oral health and dental health, without any infections or complications, whether in the short or long term, all within a few minutes.
Advantages of CAD CAM:
- The accuracy rate is much higher than the traditional methods.
- Dental work during only one visit to the patient, unlike the traditional methods that usually take an average of no less than three or four visits.
- There is no need to use alginate, which disturbs the patient.
- Saving the costs of dental laboratories, which are usually expensive and high for the doctor.
- Aesthetic and high vitality.
This Department deals with the following:
- Employing laser technology to remove cavities.
- Teeth whitening.
- Employment of laser in orthopedic surgery.
- Treatment of hypersensitivity.
- Using the laser on soft tissues (especially the gums).
- Employing lasers in pediatric dentistry.