Administration and Economics College strives to achieve distinction through discreet academic programs that have been drafted and reviewed to keep abreast of the development in the field of technology and science and are aligned with similar programs in the Iraqi universities.
The college also takes upon itself to gain the importance of the faculty in the field of management and economics through its scientific departments in which the accounting department is very important nowadays due to its need in the different sectors( public and private and the mixed sectors) to manage the various types of accounts as well as multiple Private businesses and public businesses .The Finance and Banking department is also very important nowadays because of the spread of entrepreneurship and the need of the labor market for qualified graduates in the administrative and banking fields that aim to provide students with the academic and professional knowledge needed to work in the administrative, financial and banking sectors and qualify them to work in stock trading companies, the stock exchange and international capital markets.
I am pleased to present to you in your hands this booklet on the College of Administration and Economics to be your guide in the work and application of administrative and academic systems in order to achieve the goals of the College in providing its programs in the best way.
The College of Administration and Economics seeks to achieve excellence through discreet academic programs that have been formulated and reviewed to keep pace with developments in the field of technology and science and are compatible with similar programs in the corresponding colleges in the discreet Iraqi universities.
The college also takes it upon itself to acquire its importance in the field of administration and economics through its scientific departments that contain it, so the accounting department is of great importance at the present time due to its need in the various public and private sectors and the mixed sector to manage accounts of all kinds as well as the multiplicity of private companies and commercial businesses, which contributed to The emergence of a large number of companies, so accounting has become a wheel that runs the work of government and private companies and hence the vocabulary of accounting given to the student has evolved to link it with other knowledge and technology to enable the student by providing him with this knowledge and accountant science Any of the work in the various sectors with the required capacity and qualification of students to understand the labor market and the trading market in addition to working as an accountant in different companies has become a place between brokers and investors and stock brokers due to his awareness of trading matters and his ability to analyze and summarize and choose the best. As for the Financial and Banking Sciences Department, it is of great importance at the present time due to the proliferation of free business and the need of the labor market for qualified graduates in the administrative and banking fields, which aims to provide students with the academic and professional knowledge necessary to work in the administrative, financial and banking sectors and qualify them to work in stock trading companies, the stock market and international financial markets.
We will work together to implement programs to reach the goal that we seek to achieve … May God help us and you to serve the common good.
Prof. Dr. Nihad Abdel Karim Ahmed
Our vision is to reach a distinguished place in education of economics, accounting, and financial fields. We are seeking to become a recognized academic institution that can provide the society and marketplace with highly qualified graduates. Likewise, our vision has an important objective represented by making efforts to support achieving the sustainable development goals through cooperation with different international institutions for the benefit of our people and society.
Our mission is to provide knowledge information, skills and values for the benefit of our graduates that make them able to develop their professional careers. This will lead to promote the civil society, governmental agencies and private sector.
The goals of the College are as follows:
- Effective management and optimum use of the facilities and resources of the college and development according to the established criteria.
- Develop and introduce comprehensive, forward-looking academic programs that are consistent with the continuous change in the needs and requirements of the labour market.
- Deepening the academic culture in the fields of accounting and finance.
- Integration of the academic aspect of the study in the fields of accounting and finance on the application side.
- Develop learning, teaching and training methods for students and equip them with knowledge and skills that correspond to the requirements of the labour market.
- Attracting faculty members with different competencies and various skills in the field of accounting, finance and labor market economics.
- Focus on research that is solid and distinguished by its practical usefulness and benefit to the community.
- To provide the student with accounting, financial and banking knowledge in order to be able to deal with the events and problems that he or she is experiencing if they are dealing with accounting or finance matters.
- Keeping abreast of the development of science and its overlap with the Science of accounting and financial and banking sciences in order to graduate students specialized and aware of the origins of modern science.
- To supplement the financial and banking sector with specialized accounting and financial consultancy in order to increase the efficiency of the work within the financial market and within the same sectors as well as to develop the economic development process in the economic units.
- Coordination and communication of the department in the faculty with the corresponding departments in other universities and colleges academically and scientifically.
Dr. Nidhal Shehit DhahirDeputy Dean
Dr. Nihad Abdulkreem AhmedDean
Dr. Yusra Mahdi HasanHead of Finance and Banking Department
Mohammed Baker KorjiHead of Accountancy Department
Amna Moayad AbdullahSecretary of the College Board
The College of Administration and Economics at Al-Farahidi University receives students who have graduated from the preparatory school from the branch (Scientific, Applied, Biological, Literary, Commerce) at rates that vary from year to year determined by the Ministry of Higher Education for admission to the departments and colleges of public and private universities, according to certain admission controls approved by the ministry.
The duration of study in the department is four years.
Graduate employment opportunities:
Administration and Economics graduates enjoy abundant employment opportunities, so hardly a government or private entity needs this specialization, and we will mention some of these jobs as there is no room for them to mention all of them for the diversity of specializations in this field:
- Teacher in schools, institutes and universities.
- A chartered accountant or an assistant accountant.
- An auditor.
- Work in public and private banks.
- The economic and financial analysis of any party concerned with these matters.
- Economic and financial analysis of the parties interested in such matters.
- An employee in the field of tax collection.
- Various insurance companies.
- Financial expert or advisor.
- Presenter of economic and financial programs in various media.
- Managing human resources and developing appropriate plans.