Branches of Dentistry
- Initial training of graduate students in practice and prepare them in theory, the field of oral surgery oral medicine and disease around the teeth and mouth disease and X-rays.
- Provide therapeutic services to citizens in the areas in terms of reference included by the section and the development of the ability of students to Dealing with various types of surgical cases.
- Scientific preparation for students based on solid foundations.
- What to look for each new permanent in order to supplement their last march of scientific-technical achievements
Due to the increased need for providing dental national capabilities and the role of the department to produce suitable serving for society, the branch department considered to have distinct place in prosthetic dentistry so, the dept. has the following aims:
- Teach and train students to prepare and graduate distinct dentist to offer treatment services and propagate awareness health in Prosthodontic.
- Prepare and support scientific research to provide the suitable solution for prosthesis problem in society.
- Provide distinct treatments in different Prosthodontic prosthesis by using new technology as dental implant.
- Medical and article consultation for different state department.
- Provide distinct services in prosthetic private clinic in collage of Dentistry.
- Develop system of guarantee for goodness in the branch
- The common supervision with the department of dentistry sciences in this department.
- Improve the occupational and scientific level for workers in the field of dentistry in this department. 3. Preparation of researches in the field of dentistry in this branch.
- The update scientific preparation in the medical field and to prepare the students of primary studies in the fields of dentistry.
- The department aims to send the staff of the department abroad for training.
- The department aims to send the teachers for organized training courses out of Iraq
- To provide superior education in basic biomedical sciences to all students at the College of Dentistry and to educate the next generation of dental and craniofacial scientists and academicians.
- To develop and maintain outstanding basic and applied biomedical research programs.
- To provide an environment, resources, and opportunities for all faculty appropriate for the pursuit of their scholarly interests and goals, and thus to achieve their potential as academicians and research scientists.