Department of Communication Technical Engineering
About the department
The Technical communication engineering department was founded in 2016. To provide the students with technical, scientific and engineering methods to deepen cognitive ability and research, the graduated engineers, must have the ability to work in field of modern communication systems, understanding the infrastructure of these systems, and have the ability to develop it, Implement the required engineering equipment, necessary for engineering field. Accomplish the maintenance of communication systems.
Department Head’s Speech
Welcome to the Department of Communications Engineering Technologies at the Technical College of Engineering – Al-Farahidi University. The Department of Communications Engineering Technologies is one of the first departments that was established with the beginning of the establishment of the college in 2015. The department seeks to prepare distinguished engineers for the most dynamic, most diverse and ever-evolving engineering specialization, which is the fastest growing branch of knowledge during the last century. The department aims to train engineers to deal with the three distinct branches of electrical engineering, which are electrical power engineering, communications and electronics engineering, and communications and network engineering.
The Department of Communications Engineering Technologies continues to attract and recruit distinguished faculty members in critical areas of both electrical and communications engineering. We are constantly developing our laboratories with the latest technologies and curricula to meet the demand of the industry. The department aims to reach the knowledge and skills of the graduate to compete strongly in the labor market locally and regionally, and for distinguished graduates to be able to obtain scholarships for masters and doctoral degrees in European and American universities like their colleagues in our prestigious universities. In order for this to be achieved, the study plans, methods and technologies of teaching and learning must be constantly updated to keep pace with scientific and technical development and to simplify the arrival of information to the student away from complexity without prejudice to depth.
It also requires the development of the practical side through laboratories, workshops and field training, as well as soft skills such as presentation skills and mastering the foreign language as the means available for educational attainment and bridging the knowledge gap. This also includes establishing controls to ensure the quality of scientific research outputs, linking it to societal needs, linking education with industry, and continuously updating these controls whenever necessary.
Dr. Aymen Mohammed Khodayer Al-Dulaimi
Head of the Department
The technical engineering department aims to provide specialized engineers in the field of technical engineering communication , that have the ability to serve vast different fields ,both in private and public sectors .
The graduated engineers must have the ability to:
• Work in the field of modern communication systems, understanding the infrastructure of these systems, and to have the ability to develop it.
• Implement the required engineering equipment’s which are necessary for engineering field.
• Accomplish the maintenance of communication systems.
The graduate students gain various abilities and skills in communication engineering field, where the main goals are:
- Knowledge and understanding.
- The ability to apply the knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- The ability to formulate and modeling of Engineering Problems.
- The ability to understand the engineering systems, their components, besides the economic and the practical cost effectiveness criteria of the systems.
- The ability to acquire leadership skills, and the values and commitments’ in ethical behavior and respect for others.
- The ability to design and run experiments.
- The ability to accomplish the maintenance of communication systems.
- To use methods and modern engineering tools.
- The ability to adapt, analyze and problem solving with conclusions.
- Self-developments & education skills.
- The ability to communicate and work in team group.
- The ability to work effectively with similar engineering fields (such as electronic engineering and IT).
- The effective impact in society, marketing throughout specialized training workshops of different required levels.
Department Council Members
Aymen Mohammed KhodayerLecturer
Communication and Network
Nawfal Mohammed TaherLecturer
Aircraft Electrical System
Waleed Khalid Abed AliLecturer
Radar And Communication
Naseer Sabri SalimLecturer
Ahmed Abdul Al-Kareem HussainLecturer
Electrical Machine Design
The Department of Communication Technical Engineering at Al-Farahidi University receives students who have graduated from the preparatory school from the branch (Scientific, applied, biological, industry “computers – communications – electronic – computer and technology”) at rates that vary from year to year determined by the Ministry of Higher Education for admission to the departments and colleges of public and private universities, according to certain admission controls approved by the ministry.
The duration of study in the department is four years.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
The department is concerned with graduating engineers with high capabilities in the fields of electrical and computer engineering, and qualifying them to work in governmental, military and industrial institutions in Iraq. The strength and adequacy of the department’s various programs is evidenced by its similarity to the programs approved by the Organization for Academic Accreditation in the United States of America, with the organization’s certificate in October 2003. It is difficult to quantify job opportunities for graduates of the department, and some of them are listed below:
• Installing, managing and maintaining various communication systems, such as microwave, radar, optical communication systems, laser communication systems, mobile communication systems, etc.
• Design, construction, operation and maintenance of electronic devices in various industrial facilities.
• Design, build, operate and maintain computer networks.
• Design, build, operate and maintain control systems, sensors and associated devices.
• Design, build, operate and maintain information and network technologies.
• Design, operation and maintenance of information base systems.