Al-Farahidi University is distinguished from other universities due to its peculiarity and continuous tireless work towards the graduation of generations working to raise the name of Iraq high in the scientific and practical fields. It is the custodian of future generations, which the nation relies on in the future, for their own capabilities and mental and cultural qualifications in order to prepare a generation armed with science and knowledge. After we were assigned the duties of the Deanship of the College of Law in our dear university, we ask God Almighty to be up to this important and great responsibility in managing this college and continuing the scientific process in it. Performing and sponsoring it from all scientific and administrative bodies. Paying attention to the infrastructure and service of the college. Also in developing scientific fields and activating workshops and conferences that aim at continuous awareness, in addition the establishment of virtual courts of the College of Law to increase the knowledge of law graduate students towards the correct professionalism.
We wish success for our dear university and progress to reach the highest level of scientific advancement.
Dean of the College of Law
Dr. Ahmed Hatem Jabbar
The College of Law aims to develop a prominent position in the field of higher education and scientific research within the legal field. It contributes to the development of society and raise awareness of the importance of adherence to laws and regulations and the establishment of the rule of law and the achievement of social justice and equal opportunities.
About the College
The College of Law is one of the scientific colleges at Al-Farahidi University. Which provides a distinguished educational program that qualifies the student after graduation to enroll in relevant institutions, including state departments and the private sector. The college awards a bachelor’s degree in law after the student studies for a period of four years, during which the student studies in the college a highly flexible educational program that responds to the requirements of development and change.
As the curriculum focuses on advanced qualifying aspects in the entirety of legal and judicial sciences, and the applied scientific aspect constitutes an important part of the curriculum to provide the student with scientific and practical skills in conformity with international standards.
To give students the opportunity to take initiative and creativity and activate their potentials through implementing practical projects and holding discussion sessions about them.
To prepare legal cadres in the field of justice and law, and to provide the legal departments of the ministries and public Institutions as well as the private sector to enable them to take responsibility.
- Contributing to the development and modernization of the legal system in the State.
- Preparing and qualifying specialists in the legal and jurisprudential field to work with the concerned authorities.
- Developing skills and experiences through the training and application programs of the competent authorities.
- Contribute to the development of legal culture in society.
Affective goals and values
- QuestionThe search for new information and debates about real problems.
- Conclusion and DeductionThinking beyond the available information to fill in the gaps.
- AnalysisIdentifying strengths, risks, and disadvantages.
- CategoryPutting things in groups according to common characteristics.
Dr. Senaa Ali MahmoudMember
Prof. Dr. Mazen Beshir Mohammed Faculty representative
Dr. Ahmed Hatem HabbarDean
Dr. Hameed Ali KadhimDeputy Dean
Asst. Prof. Dr. Mohammed Ahmed HamadMember
Assistance Prof Doctor
Dr. Rabiaa Mizhar ShakerMember
Asst. Lect. Muhammad Jassim MuhammadMember
Asst. Lect. Nihal Hassan IbrahimMember
Asst. Lect. Zahraa Adel Abdel HamidMember
The college supports an interactive and encouraging learning environment for its students to achieve academic success through several learning resources, namely:
- ClassroomsThe university has made every effort to optimally invest in these facilities to provide a practical experience for the students, In addition to the theoretical side; consequently, spacious classrooms were established to accommodate the largest possible number of students, which are increasing. These classrooms were equipped with air-conditioning and a good ventilation system to provide a comfortable environment for learning. They are equipped with high-quality projectors and audio devices.
- The LibraryThe library is one of the most prominent educational facilities with a high-quality infrastructure, as it was equipped with all needs and requirements. It contains books in all fields and topics that concern the student’s interests and that benefit him in his field of study within the College of Law, in addition to his spare time, and nourishing the mind with reading, education, and obtaining references from various disciplines. In addition to printing services, electronic magazines and databases dedicated to all academic levels, multimedia and electronic books.
The College of Law at Al-Farahidi University receives graduates of the sixth preparatory branch (scientific / biological / applied / literary) at rates that vary from year to year determined by the Ministry of Higher Education for admission to the departments and colleges of governmental and private universities, according to certain admission controls approved by the ministry.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
After the end of the study years at the College of Law, Every graduate can join one of the following jobs:
- Private Office:
Law school graduates can start practicing their profession through their own law firm, as they raise various cases for citizens and advocate on behalf of the case owners as well, and solve the various legal problems facing them.
- Joining the Police:
A law school graduate can join the Police College, from which he will graduate as a security officer, and he shall be entitled here to join the profession of officer in the State’s internal security forces.
- Work in the Judiciary:
Judiciary is one of the most honorable professions that require people of a degree of sophistication, intelligence and justice. A law graduate can practice this profession, but after he enrolled in the judicial institute course that graduates judges.
- Public Sector:
All government departments, institutions, and ministries need specialists in legal affairs in order to run the affairs and issues of the institution. This applies to all areas of the public sector without exception.
A law graduate can also join the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the diplomatic service.
- Private Sector:
Private sector companies always need a number of lawyers and managers of legal affairs in order to legalize the status of the company and organize work within it in accordance with the requirements of the rules and laws of the state. This includes all private sector institutions, including companies, hospitals, schools, universities, and others.
- Academic Lecturing:
A graduate of the College of Law is also entitled to work as one of the faculty members of the College, but this requires first obtaining a high GPA in all years of schooling, besides obtaining masters and doctorate degrees. It is also possible to join to work as a faculty member at private colleges that offer law courses.
A law graduate can also join the position of legal counsel for various institutions, whether affiliated to the public or private sector. Besides, the capability of working as a consultant in international law.