The Department of Medical Device Techniques Engineering contains several scientific laboratories in common with other departments of the Medical Technology College, equipped with the latest devices and equipment that help the student in the correct practical application of understanding and applying scientific experiments.
Anatomy and histology laboratory
The second stage students train practically in this laboratory for two hours per week, the laboratory contains a selection of plastic synthetic models and models of various organs, organs and tissues of the human body that simulate the natural parts in it used to explain the nature of the organs and their location in the body and their relationship to each other and their method of work and to compare the formation with the physiological function.
The explanation deepens and confirms the anatomical and functional information given in the theoretical lectures in the classroom or the electronic lectures remotely.
Attending practical lessons in the laboratory provides a good opportunity for students and the professor to provide an interactive study, as opportunities for discussion and response to questions about the lectures and external questions expand the horizons of students’ information.
Medical Instrumentation Laboratory
In this laboratory, the student studies the medical device, gets acquainted with the various internal electronic circuits, and trains them inside the laboratory with the possibility of repair and maintenance in the future. In addition to the student learning how to operate the medical device, with the possibility of disassembling it to see the internal parts with the electrical map of the device, in addition to explaining the faults that may occur in the device and preparing the student to deal with them with the periodic maintenance of the medical device.
The most important experiences that the student benefit from in the laboratory:
• Occupational safety inside the laboratory.
• All laboratory devices.
• ECG machine and cardiac resuscitation device.
• Radiology unit and sonar devices.
• Premature babies unit devices.
• Anesthesia devices.
• Kidney unit devices.
• Endoscopic devices.
• Dental chair and all its accessories.
Communication Systems Lab
The vision includes conducting practical applications in the communications laboratory equipped with specialized devices and materials, which contributes to refining the student’s skills and enables him to apply what he learns from theoretical knowledge to a practical reality very close to his work conditions after graduation.
The laboratory aims to:
• Teaching students how to properly handle the various electrical elements and laboratory equipment according to their severity.
• Demonstrate the importance of practical experiences for students in the Communications Lab while conducting the implementation of the programs themselves, and the importance of this in their scientific career.
• Teaching students how to theoretically, practically and mathematically the principles of communication through conducting laboratory experiments.
• Develop students’ skills through mental questions, answers and special tests.
The laboratory consists of a group of electronic educational boards that include electronic semiconductors and integrated circuits, in addition to measuring devices that cover the curriculum of the first and second stages. The laboratory has all means of lighting and occupational safety such as fire extinguishers, first aid supplies and wall artifacts.
The laboratory aims to train students to read laboratory electronic devices in measuring electrical quantities, to examine idle electronic elements and to analyze electronic circuits related to electrical power.
- AVO meter.
- Equipped with DC Power supply.
- Equipped with AC power.
- Function generator.
- Kits electronic test board.
- Test bench.