The Final Report for the
Middle Eastern Simulation and Modeling International Conference
About the conference:
Under the patronage of his excellency the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Prof. Dr. Nabeel Khadim Abid Al-Sahib, and under the slogan:
“Working in partnership with others for the advancement of knowledge in support of Sustainable Development in Iraq”
The (Middle Eastern Simulation and Modeling International Conference) was held jointly among Al-Farahidi University, Al-Nahrain University and the University of Technology on June 27-29, 2022 as a solid scientific conference in the disciplines involved in community service.
The session of the first meeting was held between a committee from Al-Farahidi University, Al-Nahrain University and the University of Technology, chaired by the Vice President of Al-Farahidi University for Scientific Affairs, Prof. Dr. Muhsin Jaber Jweej, on November 27, 2021. During the meeting, everything related to the conference was discussed, including defining the conference title, designing the brochure, building the conference website, announcing and circulating to Universities, the mechanism for receiving, reviewing and evaluating research, as well as setting the date of the conference during the period from (27-29 June 2022) jointly among Al-Farahidi University, Al-Nahrain University and the University of Technology.
The meeting also resulted in the formation of an Organizing Committee for the conference consisting of (17) members, as well as a Scientific Committee consisting of (63) members.
The conference was announced in December 2021, and the directive of His Excellency the Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, Prof. Dr. Nabeel Khadim Abid Al-Sahib, in activating the scientific research movement to raise the balance of Iraqi Universities and their entry into the approved international classifications, had a great impact on the success of the conference activities.
Honorable researchers from various local and international universities (Britain and Turkey), as well as researchers from various State Institutions and Ministries submitted their research to the conference, where approximately (210) research papers were received to the conference themes, (69) papers were accepted, of which are distributed as follows:
- Sustainable Environment.
- Architecture and Civil Engineering.
- Artificial Intelligence.
- Nanotechnology and Smart Materials.
- Wireless Communications.
- Applied Mechanics & Thermal Engineering.
- Bioelectronics, Biophotonics.
- Space Environment and Aviation Technology.
- Medical Technologies.
- Control System & Robotics.
- Laser Optoelectronics Engineering.
- Computer Networks.
- Signal Processing.
- Multimedia Processing.
- Embedded Systems.
- Information Security.
- Applied Sciences.
The research was divided into (13) sessions (except for the opening and closing sessions), and there were parallel, in-person and online sessions based on the researchers’ desire (all sessions in attendance were held at Al-Farahidi University), and during these sessions, the conditions for social distancing between the attendees, and the means of prevention from masks and sterilizers were taken into account.
At the beginning of the opening session, a lecture was given by the head of the Central Organization for Standardization and Quality Control, Prof. Dr. Hussein Ali Daoud, and the topic of the lecture was:
“Renewable Thrust Forces Digitization for the future of Youth & Education in 21 Century”
There was also a lecture by Prof. Dr. Ghassan Hamid Abdul Majeed \ University of Baghdad:
The international Advisory Board, which included a number of experts in various Medical and Engineering disciplines, was also consulted. The papers accepted in the conference included a number of papers received from universities in different countries.
In conclusion, the recommendations of the closing session of the conference were:
- Continuing to hold the conference in its international capacity in the coming years, by moving towards other solid international institutions and destinations to adopt and support the conference and publish its research in publishing houses and solid global containers.
- Increasing the activities of the conference by holding workshops, international seminars, scientific exhibitions of posters, equipment, and others, during the period of the conference.
- Inviting professors and researchers from outside Iraq to participate in the conference activities.
- Inviting the Iraqi students, who study outside Iraq to participate widely in the conference to give it a great international character.
- Activating joint research between Iraqi professors, professors and researchers from international and solid universities and research centers by participating in the conference activities and their scientific productions.
- Inviting professors and researchers from international and solid universities and research centers to participate in the upcoming editions of the conference.
- The use of experts from outside Iraq from solid international universities and research centers to evaluate the researches which submitted to the conference.
- Twinning the conference with solid international universities and research centers by organizing and holding the conference in cooperation and partnership between these parties.
- Adoption and activation of the applied researches in the conference through opening multiple channels and cooperating with research beneficiaries, such as state ministries and its various institutions and the private sector.
- Establishing specialized research groups from the conference participants that continue to work jointly with the support and sponsorship of the conference organizers.
- Expand the conference to include all engineering, medical and humanitarian disciplines.
- Marketing the conference in the media and urging other universities to participate in the upcoming editions of it.
- Enhancing and developing teaching and research methods based on simulation and modeling because of its direct impact on understanding various scientific theories and ideas.
- Marketing applicable research ideas published in the conference to state ministries and various institutions as well as globally to enhance the scientific reputation of the conference and its researchers.
- Establishing joint conferences between Iraqi Universities and International Universities through agreements of cooperation, and holding the conference in Iraqi Universities and other International Universities.
- The administration of public and private universities and colleges should raise awareness of E-Learning quality standards and encourage their application in the activities of faculty members by intensifying holding seminars, workshops, and organizing conferences.
- Increase financial support for the conference.
- a patent exhibition.
- Organizing a Book Fair.
- Organizing an Exhibition of Equipment.
- Media marketing for Conference Activities.
Opening session of the International Conference on Modeling and Simulation 2022
Part of the activities of the International Conference on Modeling and Simulation 2022